Wednesday 20 August 2008

Does Hewitt's Weight Loss Make Her a Liar?


Eight months ago, when bloggers railed on paparazzi shots of her fleshy skeleton in a skimpy bathing suit, Jennifer Love Hewitt posted a call to coat of arms on her Web site:
More Photos


"What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best years of my life and my mesh to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers pickings invasive pictures from bad angles. � Like all women out there should, I dear my body," wrote Hewitt, who shimmied around in her skivvies as a star of Hanes' ad campaign.


The web log followed a series of particularly nasty headlines, including TMZ.com's infamous "We know what you ate this summer, Love -- everything!" The Web site later apologized, and Hewitt used the jibes to animate women to embrace their bodies, whatsoever the size.


"To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, place on a bikini -- put it on and stay strong," she wrote.


But now, the slimmed down "Ghost Whisperer" star is on the cover of Us Weekly, preening adjacent to the headline "Jennifer Love Hewitt Exclusive: 18 lbs in Ten Weeks!"


Though she tells the magazine she disoriented weight to boost her energy level and non because of nasty comments on the Internet, she posed on the cover with her head high, her smile triumphant, her "butt and boobs" shrink-wrapped in a form-fitting dress. The headline beside her might as well read, "See? I'm Skinny Again. Just Try and Call Me a Fattie Now."





What's up with Hewitt bucking the exercising weight loss bandwagon then jump on it?


"It doesn't transmit any sort of consistent message," aforementioned David Katz, director of Yale Medical School's Prevention Research Center. "One of the reasons to say 'I beloved the skin I'm in' is because you really do. Another reason is simply organism defensive -- 'I don't want to fess up but I'm going to say I'm happy and I'm going to lose 18 pounds in deuce-ace weeks as soon as I toilet.' I'm going to guess hers was the second reason."


"Her story doesn't make sense," Katz aforementioned. "If she had to lose free weight to grow her energy back, that means she wasn't OK with her weight back then. She didn't have enough energy."


Latifah Loved It, Then Lost It


It's non the showtime time a star has spoken prohibited against the stick-thin Hollywood standard entirely to turn around and drop pounds.


Queen Latifah refused to adapt to the Barbie-doll aesthetic when she migrated from the hip-hop realm into the mainstream entertainment manufacture. She rocked the red River carpet as hard as starlets fourth part her size and broke ground as a plus-size spokeswoman for Cover Girl cosmetics.


In November 2007 Latifah graced the cover of People magazine, grinning supra the headline "200 Lbs and Loving It!" She told the magazine that at 5 feet, 10 inches tall, she weighed "in the 2's" and couldn't be happier. "I feel more than comfortable with myself -- my sex, my outlook and my viewpoint," she said.


But two months later, in January 2008, she became the face of the Jenny Craig exercising weight loss campaign.


"For me, it's not around a trunk image sort of thing. I feel pretty convinced about world Health Organization I am," she aforementioned at a news league at the time. "But I do realize that I am a character model for a lot of people."







More info